Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why I Chose Dartmouth

Hi my name is Adria, and I'm a rising senior from Los Angeles, CA. Students often ask why I chose Dartmouth, and it's a great question. Here are my reasons:
1.) I wanted to get away-- my parents and I both knew I was the nest-fleeing-type... they didn't even let me apply to any schools in California, pushing me to explore out of state.
2.) I really wanted to play volleyball-- it was the one thing I knew I wanted to continue in college, and my final decision came down to the best school ultimately, and where I could also play volleyball.
3.) I wanted to explore a new part of the country-- I had never been to the New England area, and after visiting, I found the town similar to one I had grown up in while living in Washington State. I enjoyed the community feel, the trees and the fresh air (LA can get a little stuffy).
I am really happy with the decision to attend Dartmouth, and hopefully, through our posts and asking questions, you'll be able to see if Dartmouth is also right for you.

No comments: