Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Intramural Volleyball


My friends and I are very adamant about entering the intramural (IM) volleyball league every opportunity possible. Since sophomore year, we've fielded a team to play in the men's league. The amount of teams varies term by term, but there is always good competition.

For IM sports, they function through group play in a round robin format and then bracket play. It's a good opportunity to get some exercise and competition. Especially with team sports, it's just a lot of fun to have something to look forward to every week with my friends. Though there are 33 IM sports available, I've only entered tennis, volleyball and dodgeball.

My personal favorite IM sport occurs in the spring, dodgeball. It's one of the more popular IM sports so there's always a large field of team from throughout campus. And, I have a lot of friends who look forward to the soccer and hockey IM leagues.

Participating in IM sports does not count toward your three PE requirements, just a good way to be active. For myself, I was pretty active in high school with a short stint on the volleyball team and then tennis and cross-country a bit more seriously. I definitely couldn't compete at a varsity level, but joining an IM sports team from term to term keeps me active with healthy dose of competition.

3 comments:

ragger said...

Hey check out this little brand that was launched by two Dartmouth grads, pretty cool stuff. I think they were 05.

www.monkeyfistbrands.com

Anonymous said...

Stop hogging the basketball courts

Anonymous said...

Do you guys do this anymore?